Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tie Dye With a Twist

I just read about a great idea over at Create My Tee.  Here's how you can make your own shirt in a really fun and creative way: print your design in white ink on a white shirt (wha??).  Bring your shirt home and tie dye it.  If you don't know how to tie dye...please leave.  Just go. 

I kid, of course!  Tomorrow I'll hit you all with a post about how to tie dye clothing.  In the meantime, please just accept it, or do a quick Google search.  So you have your white shirt with white designs on them, and you've just tie dyed it.  The really cool effect here is that the white ink used in the screen printing process is naturally resistant to the dye you yourself apply.  You'll end up with a tie dyed shirt with your designs standing out clearly:



Neat, huh?  It's a fun way to both design a shirt on some website, and then give it your own personal touch.  Check back tomorrow for step-by-step tie dye instructions.  Happy designing!

5 comments:

  1. Yup right its right. Now its easy to buy new tie dye shirts
    in cheap coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice design. Great pleasure to visit this blog. Thank you for sharing.Keep it up.
    Custom Tshirts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only discovered your online journal and needed to say that I have truly delighted in perusing your blog entries. Any way I'll be subscribing to your food and I trust you post again soon.
    tshirtsflorida

    ReplyDelete